This year, the 2019 Annual Ludington Golf Outing was held at Hemlock Golf Club in Ludington Michigan on Friday, October 4th. The event featured a 9 hole 4 person scramble format to add a little competition! Despite the cooler weather, the event was a blast and great way to get out of the office and a bond as a team!
Have a difficult project that you are up against this October? Don’t be tricked into going at it alone. Instead, reach out to Western to treat you and your project right. Find out more by talking to one of our team members at any one of the following events this month
• Naperville, IL – WEN Working in a Transforming Energy Industry (October 2nd)
• Coraopolis, PA – AAPL 2019 Appalachian Land Institute (October 3rd – 4th)
• Bay Harbor, MI – IRWA Chapter 7 Fall Seminar (October 3rd – 4th)
• Dallas, TX – 2019 DAPL Golf Tournament (October 4th)
• Oklahoma City, OK – 4th Annual Fun Run & Fall Festival (October 6th)
• Oklahoma City, OK – OCAPL Monday Night Meeting (October 7th)
• Canonsburg, PA – APA Dinner (October 15th)
• Gaylord, MI – MOGA Reception & Dinner Meeting (October 17th)
• Norman, OK – 37th Annual OU Price College Golf Invitational (October 18th)
• Pittsburgh, PA – WEN Greater Pittsburgh Chapter: Shale Insight Oktoberfest (October 23rd)
• Denver, CO – DAPL 7th Annual Rockies Bash (October 24th)
WLS recently held its annual Leadership Summit at Lincoln Hills Golf Course in Ludington, MI. We invited leadership guru, James Hunter, author of The Servant, to speak to us about modern leadership styles. The event was a great success, with Jim inspiring us to focus continually on becoming more effective leaders both in our professional and personal lives. This initiated substantial dialogue amongst our leadership team on how to best adapt to the ever changing industries we support and workforce we employ, so we can continue delivering best-in-class results for the years to come.
Summer is ending, but that doesn’t mean your projects need to fall through. Meet up with Western at any of the events below and we’ll labor away, so you don’t have to!
• Grand Rapids, MI – 42nd Annual MAPL Fall Seminar (September 18th)
• Park City, UT – IRWA Pipeline Committee Meeting (September 18th – September 19th)
• Grand Rapids, MI – MOGA Reception & Dinner Meeting (September 19th)
• Salt Lake City, UT – Solar Power International & Energy Storage International Summit (September 23rd – September 26th)
This year, WLS is proud to be a hole sponsor for the 39th Annual West Bay Exploration Golf Invitational, which will be taking place August 8th at The Bear Golf Course at Grand Traverse Resort in beautiful Traverse City, Michigan.
There will be a practice round held today that will be followed by a dinner and an auction. On Thursday there will be coffee and donuts provided during registration before tee time at 9:00 am.
The event always has a huge turnout and is a great opportunity to network with other industry professionals. John Wilson, Rich Collins, Brian Benson, and Sebastian Alvarado will be representing WLS in the invitational and are looking forward to seeing you there!
This year, Western Land Services was proud to be an ACE Sponsor for the Wyoming Association of Professional Landmen Invitation Golf Tournament. The tournament was held at the prestigious Powder Golf Club in Sheridan, Wyoming on August 2, 2019. The tournament was a huge success and attended by many industry professionals. Be on the lookout for future industry events that WLS will be attending!
As the summer heats up don’t sweat the small stuff. Cool off and relax knowing Western Land Services will get your project done right. Meet with Western Land Services at any of the following industry events and we’ll ensure your project is a breeze.
• Sheridan, WY – WAPL Invitational Golf Tournament (August 2nd)
• Oklahoma City, OK – OCAPL Girls Night Out Happy Hour (August 5th)
• Traverse City, MI – West Bay Exploration Golf Invitational (August 8th)
• Mt. Pleasant, MI – MAPL Golf Outing at Buck’s Run (August 16th)
• Houston, TX – Summer NAPE (August 20th – August 22nd)
• Houston, TX – 18th Annual Permian Social (August 22nd)
• Guthrie, OK – OCAPL Annual Sporting Clays Tournament (August 30th)
For the past 4 years, Western Land Services’ Ludington, Michigan office has engaged in an Office Olympic celebration. It has become a great way for employees to get to know their co-workers and more importantly, to make a difference in the local community by contributing towards organizations that align with Western’s values.
This year, WLS decided to focus on Ludington based COVE (Communities Overcoming Violent Encounters). COVE’s mission is “to provide shelter, protection and advocacy to all victims of domestic violence and sexual assault as well as to educate the communities on the root causes of violence”. The goal of the Office Olympics is to earn as many points for your team as possible. Points can be awarded through team monetary donations, or as physical items that may be useful for the individuals in need. Points are also awarded for donating blood, collecting box tops for schools, tabs for military vets, and participating in other local charity events.
Since 2016, WLS has raised thousands of dollars, donated truckloads of goods, and given hundreds of pints of blood, all while having fun! WLS wants to thank everyone who participated in this year’s Spring Office Olympics and helped raise money to support such a great cause!
Fact: July is National Hot Dog Month. Fact: July is also National Ice Cream Month. Fact: Western Land Services has a great team of dedicated individuals who will get your project done right. Meet up with some of the team at the following industry events in July:
• San Antonio, TX – SGA Annual Conference (July 12th – July 17th)
• Houston, TX – HAPL 16th Annual “Bridging the Gap” Summer Social (July 18th)
• Philadelphia, PA – Community Solar Power Summit (July 18th – July 19th)
Western Land Services is proud to be a sponsor at the 65th annual AAPL meeting in Pittsburgh, PA, June 19th-22nd. Several of our company directors will be in attendance, along with our president Shawn Fields! Join us as we celebrate AAPL’s contributions to our industry and network with business colleagues in the heart of Appalachia.
No Current Events