Western Land Services has been bringing land, natural resources, and people together for over 45 years, and offers a suite of services conducive to organizations in the timber industry, including timberland holdings, timber purchasing, timber investing, and timber harvesting outfits. So why choose us?
• One stop shop capabilities
• Employee-owned motivation
• Nationwide presence and expertise
• Adaptable to large or small projects
• innovative, cost saving solutions
• Robust project management platform
Entrust WLS in managing your assets through our committed team members, innovative business practices, and resourceful project management platform, Compass. We provide support through all cycles of asset management, including acquisition/purchasing, managing existing contracts/properties, and monitoring changes affecting your business.
• Manage assets in a central location and in real time for all stakeholders to access
• Link contracts to a map of properties (agreements, check stubs, harvest slips)
• Input contract details in a custom database
• Receive notifications for soon to expire contracts
• Track estimated volume vs harvested vs remaining to monitor estimates and overruns
• Consult map resources to make timely, informed business decisions
• Generate project overview maps and reports
• Track landowner negotiation statuses
WLS has a sizeable GIS/mapping department, with an abundance of digital resources at its disposal that can aid in opportunity identification, contract management, asset mapping, and overall spatial analysis to assist with project planning at all stages. Resources can be collected and used to coordinate field efforts with foresters, cutting crews, and other stakeholders; and, to assist with purchasing, harvesting, trucking, and planning of access roads/landing zones.
• Town/Range/Section boundaries
• Surface boundaries & ownership detail
• Aerial Imagery and topography
• Road types, trails, wetlands, zoning boundaries, soil type
• Tree species / type stands and boundaries
Perform forestry analysis anytime anywhere on any device. With WLS, you can maximize process efficiencies, and reduce road time/door knocking for enhanced cost savings.